Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Roseventura
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

How do I get the FIRST tab to be the default?

Hi there,

I have a report that has 5 tabs.  Whenever I save this report and publish it to my workspace, I always make sure that the first tab is the one displayed to show first.  That's how my customer wants it.

Capture1.JPG

However, even though I have the first tab displayed, when the report is published, it always displays like this on the dashboard causing the customer to have to switch tabs:

Capture2.JPG

Does anyone know how I can control this or why it's happening?

Thanks,

Rose

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Roseventura
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

I figured out what I was doing wrong:

I had inadvertently pinned a visual from the 2nd tab to my dashboard.  So every time I clicked on it, it opened the report to the tab with the pinned visual.

I deleted the tile from my dashboard and recreated it, using a visual from the 1st tab and viola!

Case closed!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Roseventura
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

I figured out what I was doing wrong:

I had inadvertently pinned a visual from the 2nd tab to my dashboard.  So every time I clicked on it, it opened the report to the tab with the pinned visual.

I deleted the tile from my dashboard and recreated it, using a visual from the 1st tab and viola!

Case closed!

Thanks for figuring that out! I had a newly published report and no pins. Changing page order, saving a saving again, publishing and publishing again with no luck. I then created my very first dashboard pin from the first tab and it worked! I would say that it is a little buggy?

Thanks

Hi,

Can you show me? I am in the same baot, the first tab does not show up on my landing page and I want it to be the default tab. How do you "I then created my very first dashboard pin from the first tab" and where's the dashboard? I just have tabs in PBI? Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.