Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Roseventura
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

How do I get the FIRST tab to be the default?

Hi there,

I have a report that has 5 tabs.  Whenever I save this report and publish it to my workspace, I always make sure that the first tab is the one displayed to show first.  That's how my customer wants it.

Capture1.JPG

However, even though I have the first tab displayed, when the report is published, it always displays like this on the dashboard causing the customer to have to switch tabs:

Capture2.JPG

Does anyone know how I can control this or why it's happening?

Thanks,

Rose

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Roseventura
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

I figured out what I was doing wrong:

I had inadvertently pinned a visual from the 2nd tab to my dashboard.  So every time I clicked on it, it opened the report to the tab with the pinned visual.

I deleted the tile from my dashboard and recreated it, using a visual from the 1st tab and viola!

Case closed!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Roseventura
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

I figured out what I was doing wrong:

I had inadvertently pinned a visual from the 2nd tab to my dashboard.  So every time I clicked on it, it opened the report to the tab with the pinned visual.

I deleted the tile from my dashboard and recreated it, using a visual from the 1st tab and viola!

Case closed!

Thanks for figuring that out! I had a newly published report and no pins. Changing page order, saving a saving again, publishing and publishing again with no luck. I then created my very first dashboard pin from the first tab and it worked! I would say that it is a little buggy?

Thanks

Hi,

Can you show me? I am in the same baot, the first tab does not show up on my landing page and I want it to be the default tab. How do you "I then created my very first dashboard pin from the first tab" and where's the dashboard? I just have tabs in PBI? Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.