Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

kcopeland

How do I get my data to NOT sum when creating visualizations?

Hi,

I'm creating my first visualization. My query shows enrollment numbers (students enrolled in a school) by month and year. When I go to create the visualization, the data automatically sums. I don't want it to sum, I want it to show the acutal enrollment numbers I have listed. How do I get it to NOT sum?

Thanks in advance!

8 REPLIES 8
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @kcopeland ,

Actually, the value will be aggregated when you create most of the visualizations in power bi.

As I know, we only could show the raw data without sum with table visual currently in power bi.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Click on the field you need (enrollment numbers) on the far right, then go to the modeling tab and you'll see "default summarization". Select "don't summarize" from the drop down and you'll be all set!

Capture1.JPGCapture.JPG

Thanks for the quick response! Now it gives me the “count” instead of the actual number. Thoughts?

@kcopeland 

Have you verified the data type of the column of data you are using? 

Also, recheck the do not summarize because that same aggregate/non-aggregate area has a count and a distinct count. Double checking never hurts and we have all clicked a little too quickly and caught the wrong selection at one time or another. You can do this from the visual by clicking the drop down area by the field name and selecting do not summarize there for the actual visual.

summarize.JPG

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you share an example of your visualization and data?

IMG_5579.jpgIMG_5580.jpgIMG_5581.jpg

IMG_5582.jpg

I changed the summarization to "don't summarize" so now its counting. I just want the raw data. How do I get that? Thanks for your help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.