Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I find this mashup error that doesn't occur locally?

Hello,

During a refresh on the server, I am getting the following message:

Underlying error code:-2147467259
Underlying error message:5 arguments were passed to a function which expects between 2 and 4.
DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult:-2147467259
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Arguments:{Table.FromRecords({}), "PrjCmp_Index", 901000, 1, number}
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason:Expression.Error

That's it. No indication which table or which mashup this could possibly be coming from. There are a lot of queries in this PBIX. The annoying thing is that when I do a refresh on by desktop there isn't an error. I immediately publish the PBIX and refresh and the error appears.

Any suggestions on how to find this?

Things I've done

• I've tried using the Power BI Helper, but that isn't generating the Power M scripting even though I have 7-zip installed.
  • I saved the project as a template, used 7-zip to look at the data mashup file and searched for the expression Table.FromRecords, and nothing was found. I did do a search for another step and it was found in the file, so I feel confident that I did something right. 
  • I've gone through the file as best I can and looked but I'm seeing nothing.

Thank you all for being a good resource, hopefully someone has an idea.

4 REPLIES 4
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

A dataset can get data from multiple sources, and these sources can reside on-premises or in the cloud.  While cloud data sources don't necessarily require a gateway, a gateway is required if a dataset connects to both on-premises and cloud sources in a single mashup query.

Please confirm that your gateway and credentials are configured correctly.

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the reply.

However, it doesn't seem to address the original question. While I can understand that the system can use multiple sources, I am assuming that those same sources are used when you click the refresh button. It appears that the error is referring to an incorrect number of parameters for a function. Given that I cannot find the referenced text within my query, and the step that creates the index is this:
Table.AddIndexColumn(#"Changed Type", "PrjCmp_Index", 901000, 1, Int64.Type) which is the correct set of parameters.

What I am asking is 

1. How can I find that error?

2. Why doesn't the error provide more specific information. When something times out, I will at least know which query was executing that caused the timeout. This is generic and seems to say "you figure out where this is happening because the system can't tell you."

PhilipTreacy
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

Can you search for PrjCmp_Index to seeif you can locate that and possibly the line causing the error.

Phil

Did I answer your question? Then please mark my post as the solution.
If I helped you, click on the Thumbs Up to give Kudos.

Blog :: YouTube Channel :: Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Phil,

But that value, because it's the index value used in both dim and fact tables, occurs in multiple places. Additionally, I can't search for that in the Power-M universe as I cannot find a search function. Heck, you can't even search for queries let alone fields within them. If I'm missing something and there is a way, I can appreciate the tip.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.