Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ironryan77
Advocate II
Advocate II

How do I exclude order details from total orders in table?

I created the below table visual to display total charges.  The current view is drilled down one layer to the day of the month.  The problem is that I need the total to equal $164,082, not $382,335.  The reason the total is this high is that it is duplicating the charges for the same callkey.  e.g. Call 716533 was only charged $54,171 total, but because this is broken down by day it is tripling this amount. 

dax total charges by callkey.png

These are the DAX formulas I'm using to calculate the above columns. 

0mo charges3 = SUMX(SUMMARIZE(Intra_Month_Chart1_Test,Intra_Month_Chart1_Test[DaysElapsed_Grouped],Intra_Month_Chart1_Test[net_payment_amount],"New Charges",MAX([0mo charges])),[New Charges])

0mo charges4 = SUMX(SUMMARIZE(ALL(Intra_Month_Chart1_Test[DaysElapsed_Grouped],Intra_Month_Chart1_Test[net_payment_amount],Intra_Month_Chart1_Test[callkey]),Intra_Month_Chart1_Test[callkey],"Test",MAX([0mo charges])),[Test])

So what I want is just one column containing the charges, but to display the correct charges per call without these charges being duplicated in the final total row.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ironryan77,

Based on your description, you want to display the total value of '0mo charges4' measure on '0mo charges3' total row, right?

If this is a case, you can add some condition to filter the total row and use the specified formula to instead the original calculation.

Conditional Measure=
IF(COUNTROW(Intra_Month_Chart1_Test)=COUNTROW(ALL(Intra_Month_Chart1_Test)),
SUMX(SUMMARIZE(ALL(Intra_Month_Chart1_Test[DaysElapsed_Grouped],Intra_Month_Chart1_Test[net_payment_amount],Intra_Month_Chart1_Test[callkey]),Intra_Month_Chart1_Test[callkey],"Test",MAX([0mo charges])),[Test]),//charges4
SUMX(SUMMARIZE(Intra_Month_Chart1_Test,Intra_Month_Chart1_Test[DaysElapsed_Grouped],Intra_Month_Chart1_Test[net_payment_amount],"New Charges",MAX([0mo charges])),[New Charges]))//charges3

Sample:

Modify TotalRow =
IF(COUNTROWS(Sheet2)=COUNTROWS(ALL(Sheet2)),
"Total row formula",
SUM(Sheet2[Amount])) //original formula.

8.PNG

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ironryan77,

Based on your description, you want to display the total value of '0mo charges4' measure on '0mo charges3' total row, right?

If this is a case, you can add some condition to filter the total row and use the specified formula to instead the original calculation.

Conditional Measure=
IF(COUNTROW(Intra_Month_Chart1_Test)=COUNTROW(ALL(Intra_Month_Chart1_Test)),
SUMX(SUMMARIZE(ALL(Intra_Month_Chart1_Test[DaysElapsed_Grouped],Intra_Month_Chart1_Test[net_payment_amount],Intra_Month_Chart1_Test[callkey]),Intra_Month_Chart1_Test[callkey],"Test",MAX([0mo charges])),[Test]),//charges4
SUMX(SUMMARIZE(Intra_Month_Chart1_Test,Intra_Month_Chart1_Test[DaysElapsed_Grouped],Intra_Month_Chart1_Test[net_payment_amount],"New Charges",MAX([0mo charges])),[New Charges]))//charges3

Sample:

Modify TotalRow =
IF(COUNTROWS(Sheet2)=COUNTROWS(ALL(Sheet2)),
"Total row formula",
SUM(Sheet2[Amount])) //original formula.

8.PNG

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Awesome!  This works for me with one noteable addition.  I changed the first DAX line of code from

COUNTROW(ALL(Intra_Month_Chart1_Test)),

to

COUNTROW(ALLSELECTED(Intra_Month_Chart1_Test)),

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.