Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I edit the decimal point on show value as Percent of Column Total?

Hi,

I would like to know on how to edit the decimal point when I am using "show value as Percent of Column Total"?

Please advise.

Thank you.

Rudy

Percent of Column Total.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous

We cannot edit the decimal point for this built-in calculation. As a workaround, we can create another measure to do the same calculation, then edit the decimal point in Modeling - Formatting as following screenshot.

How do I edit the decimal point on show value as Percent of Column Total_1.jpg

Best Regards,
Herbert

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

You have to go to Specific column and Change the decimal setting

Daniel_PowerBI_0-1697842314320.png

Subhraz
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi,

If the percent value is shown on a chart, Power BI allows us to format the no. of decimal places required.

Select the visual, Go to Format/Data labels -> then update Visual decimal places as needed.

Subhraz_0-1629965700491.png

Subhraz_0-1629965387744.png

Subhraz_1-1629965803592.png

Thanks,

Subhrajit

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is how to format decimal places on Show Value As

1. Select your visual

2. On the Visualization pane, Goto Format/Field Formatting/ Value decimal places - INPUT 0 OR AS MANY PLACES YOU NEED AND DONE

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, 

That works for other visuals, but when I am using the Matrix table it is not working. i click the value decimal places, but it only says "Auto"

ivargaspr_0-1601309221396.png

You can just type a number over the top of the word "Auto" and it will adjust the decimal places. In newer versions of PBI Desktop you have to go to the Format Visual | Visual section, expand the Specific Column section, choose the Series you want to adjust the decimal places on, expand the Values section, and then you can edit the Value decimal places. 

Toadmyster_0-1666048432278.png

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous

We cannot edit the decimal point for this built-in calculation. As a workaround, we can create another measure to do the same calculation, then edit the decimal point in Modeling - Formatting as following screenshot.

How do I edit the decimal point on show value as Percent of Column Total_1.jpg

Best Regards,
Herbert

This is really a poor solution.  If a new column, field, or measure is created, then the user loses the ability to have the values categorically broken out using particular built-in visualizations.  Come on guys.  If you are going to build in built-in calculations, why wouldn't MS suspect that people are going to want to format such?   #greatjobbilly

Honestly I wouldn't expect anything else.  Any idea on when this will be fixed? 

Mark

In addition, if you have a hierarchy with two levels, Region and Sales Rep, you can't drill down into the region and have that calc you referenced recalculate the % of total like the Show Value As option does.  Does anyone have the dax behind this Show Value as a percent of column total?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Herbert Smiley Very Happy@v-haibl-msft

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors