cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rudy
Advocate I
Advocate I

How do I edit the decimal point on show value as Percent of Column Total?

Hi,

I would like to know on how to edit the decimal point when I am using "show value as Percent of Column Total"?

Please advise.

Thank you.

Rudy

Percent of Column Total.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-haibl-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

@rudy

We cannot edit the decimal point for this built-in calculation. As a workaround, we can create another measure to do the same calculation, then edit the decimal point in Modeling - Formatting as following screenshot.

How do I edit the decimal point on show value as Percent of Column Total_1.jpg

Best Regards,
Herbert

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Zhanar
Advocate I
Advocate I

Here is how to format decimal places on Show Value As

1. Select your visual

2. On the Visualization pane, Goto Format/Field Formatting/ Value decimal places - INPUT 0 OR AS MANY PLACES YOU NEED AND DONE

Hello, 

That works for other visuals, but when I am using the Matrix table it is not working. i click the value decimal places, but it only says "Auto"

ivargaspr_0-1601309221396.png

v-haibl-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

@rudy

We cannot edit the decimal point for this built-in calculation. As a workaround, we can create another measure to do the same calculation, then edit the decimal point in Modeling - Formatting as following screenshot.

How do I edit the decimal point on show value as Percent of Column Total_1.jpg

Best Regards,
Herbert

View solution in original post

This is really a poor solution.  If a new column, field, or measure is created, then the user loses the ability to have the values categorically broken out using particular built-in visualizations.  Come on guys.  If you are going to build in built-in calculations, why wouldn't MS suspect that people are going to want to format such?   #greatjobbilly

Honestly I wouldn't expect anything else.  Any idea on when this will be fixed? 

Mark

omitche2
Frequent Visitor

In addition, if you have a hierarchy with two levels, Region and Sales Rep, you can't drill down into the region and have that calc you referenced recalculate the % of total like the Show Value As option does.  Does anyone have the dax behind this Show Value as a percent of column total?

Thank you Herbert Smiley Very Happy@v-haibl-msft

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Power BI Dev Camp - June 24th

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors