Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bradfoster

How do I delete specific rows from my query tables?

I have 1 million rows of data by retailer week, and I need to remove the last week of data because it was a partial week when it was loaded.  I now have a new query for last week with full data that I need to append, but I cannot figure out how to remove the partial week of data from the original query.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @bradfoster,

You can filter out specific rows in Query Editor mode, similar to below if there is a date field in original table.

1.PNG3.PNG

From above example, I filtered out records where date starts from 3/21/2018 to 3/24/2018.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @bradfoster,

You can filter out specific rows in Query Editor mode, similar to below if there is a date field in original table.

1.PNG3.PNG

From above example, I filtered out records where date starts from 3/21/2018 to 3/24/2018.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

How would you go about filtering out, ie removing all rows but the first one for each row that belongs to a specific category?  So for instance: let's say we have 2 categories: ( cars, planes )  and let's say we have the following columns in the table: ( datetime, category ).  After sorting by datetime ascending, we want to keep the first row that shows up in the table for category 'cars', and the first row for category 'planes', deleting all the rows that come after this first row, in essence the result will be a table with 2 rows only.

How would this be done in M?

Keep Top Rows. 

Ena_0-1689090599125.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.