Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ajax
Frequent Visitor

How do I create this bubble chart?

I need help creating a bubble chart with the data set attach below.

I also attached a mock-up drawing of how I want the bubble chart to look like. I have tried different permutations but couldn't get a hang of it. I hope somebody can help me here. I am new to Power BI but I am very interested in learning it. I recognise the best way to learn it is to try it on data that I am interested in.

Financial Institution TypeCategoryMinimum paid-up share capital   
COMMERCIAL BANKsREGIONAL             10,000,000,000
COMMERCIAL BANKsNATIONAL             25,000,000,000
COMMERCIAL BANKsINTERNATIONAL             50,000,000,000
MERCHANT BANKsNATIONAL             15,000,000,000
PRIMARY MORTGAGE BANKsNATIONAL               5,000,000,000
PRIMARY MORTGAGE BANKsREGIONAL               2,500,000,000
CREDIT BUREAUsNATIONAL                 500,000,000

Thanks in advance

Mock-up drawing of what i wantMock-up drawing of what i want

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

Here is an example of what you can do with Charticulator. I just put your two categorical fiels on X and Y and assigned the dollar amt to the bubble size. I also added a measure to give the text formatted in Billions.  Here is a video to help you get started with it.

(9) Season 1 - Charticulator - YouTube

mahoneypat_0-1652148010391.png

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

View solution in original post

@Ajax  I have created a custom visual for this problem. You can use this. Hope this solves your problem.

Snapshot of the visual:

ghoshabhijeet_0-1652213929588.png

Link for custom visual : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-ex0TQWBNDyG8xG6hwi4RKo-tYAxRgos/view?usp=sharing

** If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution, so that it comes in top of the search and help others. Thank you !

Good Luck 👍

@Ajax  Changing the number format is not available from Power BI desktop. I have increased the decimal places to two as shown in the snapshot below. Whatever, the decimal places you will used during the visual creation will be fixed. I have uploaded the updated visual on the drive and shared the link below. Hope this helps.

For the PDF export, please try and extend the chart to the size of the page. Hope it will resolve the export issue.

ghoshabhijeet_0-1652282055845.png

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/11AH3IOCZotDWCfmh2BHc4EPm1jnXM_w9/view?usp=sharing

** If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution, so that it comes in top of the search and help others. Thank you !

Good Luck 👍

17 REPLIES 17
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

Here is an example of what you can do with Charticulator. I just put your two categorical fiels on X and Y and assigned the dollar amt to the bubble size. I also added a measure to give the text formatted in Billions.  Here is a video to help you get started with it.

(9) Season 1 - Charticulator - YouTube

mahoneypat_0-1652148010391.png

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

Also, which particular chart type did you use?

Sorry for the delay. Attached is the pbix file so you can see the visual, along with the measures I created.

Pat

This is very close to what I want. So, can you send a screenshot of when you put each component of the data on the power BI analysis page? Also, I obverved that the "video" you gave a link to was actually a channel that contains many videos. please which of the video do i watch or could you just past the link to that video directly. Thanks

PaulDBrown
Community Champion
Community Champion

You can probably do this using Charticulator

There is a sample in  Templates which looks looks similar:

chartic.jpg

You can even download the template and sample data used to help you build it

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.

mahenkj2
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello@Ajax ,

As far as I understand, you are asking Y-axis to have multiple categories and though you are a new member, but your question is of advanced nature.

Power BI does not have this feature yet! (I might be wrong).

Please refer here:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Multiple-Y-Axes/m-p/916383

You can vote here:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=6efe0269-d94d-46b7-a6fb-c4c4df2be604

ghoshabhijeet
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

@Ajax  Please find below the snapshot of the fields which I used to create this chart.

ghoshabhijeet_0-1652108916168.png

Good Luck 👍

ghoshabhijeet
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

@Ajax  Check the below snapshot, if this works for you.

ghoshabhijeet_0-1652100084644.png

Good Luck 👍

Also, it has to have 3 sections of "Regional", "National" and "International". It is very important.

Yes, this is what I want. But how do I do it on power BI? Actually, the data I have is huge. I only took a small sample for this question. I want to be able to create a power BI template for this type of visualization for this type of data going forward. So, can you send a screenshot of when you put each component of the data on the power BI analysis page?

@Ajax  I have created a custom visual for this problem. You can use this. Hope this solves your problem.

Snapshot of the visual:

ghoshabhijeet_0-1652213929588.png

Link for custom visual : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-ex0TQWBNDyG8xG6hwi4RKo-tYAxRgos/view?usp=sharing

Good Luck 👍

Thanks is this visual link still available? can' see it

I have been able to download it and import it. very brilliant of you. Thank you. Just a little thing, How do i increase the decimal places of the numbers to like 3 decimal places? E.g. I have 35,000,000 which is simply showing as 0.0B instead of 0.035B. Also, how do i expand the size of the whole chart so that it fits well on an A4 paper? When i exported the chart to pdf, it only convered like 30% of the paper. I will like the chart to cover like 80% of the sheet. Please show me where to effect the necessary changes. Thank you

@Ajax  Changing the number format is not available from Power BI desktop. I have increased the decimal places to two as shown in the snapshot below. Whatever, the decimal places you will used during the visual creation will be fixed. I have uploaded the updated visual on the drive and shared the link below. Hope this helps.

For the PDF export, please try and extend the chart to the size of the page. Hope it will resolve the export issue.

ghoshabhijeet_0-1652282055845.png

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/11AH3IOCZotDWCfmh2BHc4EPm1jnXM_w9/view?usp=sharing

Good Luck 👍

@Ajax  Have you tride the updated visual?

Good Luck 👍

I can't download the file. could you please mail it to me at dipoajax@gmail.com. Thanks.

@Ajax  Please download it. Won't be able to mail. Thanks !

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.