cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DennisNilsson Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

How do I calculate Column 1 + Column 2=?

Hey,

I have two columns, one that tells me the current number of megabytes a customer has in their space and one that tells me the number of megabytes that same customer has deleted. I am trying to calculate how many he has uploaded in total via a DAX expression.

Problem is however that these numbers exist in different columns and must be calculated for each row.

Mathwise this is pretty simple, current megabytes + deleted megabytes = total uploaded

Imagine something like this, where the new column I would like to create is "total uploaded megabytes"

Customer name                     current megabytes                        deleted megabytes                                total uploaded megabytes

Customer X                            123                                                 7                                                            130

I appriciate all the help I can get on this!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do I calculate Column 1 + Column 2=?

Hi,

You can add a "New column" to the table. (tab "Modelling" --> New Column) 
Total Uploaded Megabytes = 'yourtablename'[current megabytes] + 'yourtablename'[deleted megabytes]

It will be calculated for each row. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Use function SUMX.

rajendran Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Hi

Pls use this formula.

SUMX (Table_Name, Table_Name[Current_Megabytes]+ Table_Name[Deleted_Megabytes])

Thanks
Raj

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

You can add a "New column" to the table. (tab "Modelling" --> New Column) 
Total Uploaded Megabytes = 'yourtablename'[current megabytes] + 'yourtablename'[deleted megabytes]

It will be calculated for each row. 

View solution in original post

DennisNilsson Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

So no argument is needed at all. This service keeps on surprising me... Thank you @Anonymous for an elegant solution! I assume this will also be calculated for new entries as I refresh the table.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're wellcome. Correct, it will be calculated automatically when adding or changing records to the table.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Topics Started Badges Coming

New Topics Started Badges Coming

We're releasing new versions of the badge that everyone's talking about. ;) Check your inbox for notifications.

MBAS 2020

Save the new date (and location)!

Our business applications community is growing—so we needed a different venue, resulting in a new date and location. See you there!

Difinity Conference

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)