Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How could I get a Total number from other two column total number?

Hi all,

I have a table. I want to get Space Usage %'s number in total session. However, I don't want get sum total. I want the number is for whole DCs. So the space usage % in total row= total used cabinets/total cabinets. Could I know how to get this number in Power BI? 

Thank you so much!

Best,

Rebecca

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I've just entered your data into a table, and then put dc as rows, then the rest as values:

(image removed)

Power BI does what you want out of the box in seconds - you've not accidentally turned off some totals in the visual settings by any chance?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jthomson
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

No idea what you're using for space usage % right now, but a standard measure such as:

space usage% = divide([total cabinets], [used cabinets])

Ought to do exactly that if your cabinet columns are measures, or if you've just dropped a column in, sum the columns and divide them?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thank you for your help! I just want to have one space usage % number in the total session. And only aggregated function is SUM, Average, Minimum, Maximum, Count, Stadard deviation which I do not want use it.  Also if I create a new measure or new calculated column, it will just create new column. However, the total session still cannot get the number using Total Used Cabinets/ Total Cabinet (for all DC) 

I've just entered your data into a table, and then put dc as rows, then the rest as values:

(image removed)

Power BI does what you want out of the box in seconds - you've not accidentally turned off some totals in the visual settings by any chance?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.