Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How can you Theme Non Visual Controls like Text Boxes?

I'm trying to come up with a theme to brand our Power BI reports. I'm having trouble figuring out how to theme Custom Visuals and non-visual controls like Text Boxes. Currently, the Font selection for Text Box controls does not contain our font that I have installed on my machine. Is there a way to over come this? If so, how? If not, is there anything planned for a future release?

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try looking at the code for custom visualizations on this site:

https://github.com/deldersveld/PowerBI-ThemeTemplates/find/master

All you need to do is copy the JSON code from the cite and make changes as you see fit!

Anonymous
Not applicable

The Custom Visual I'm using is Advance Card. I didn't see an example for this one in the link you sent.

Also, I didn't see a way to theme the Text Box (not a visual, just a text box that was added from the Home menu).

Is there not a way to "teach" Power BI Desktop about a font I have installed on my system and have it show up in the dropdown when I select fonts?

Hi @Anonymous,

From this document, many Custom Visuals won't apply to Report Themes. After testing, report theme doesn't apply formatting to Advanced card. You could submit a request at ideas page. Besides, the element foreground applies to textbox text. 

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.