Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How can we restrict a country when placing cities on a map chart

Hello,

In the context of my work, I want to put the French cities on a map chart, my problem is that power bi places French cities around the world because normally the same city name can exist in several countries
how can we force power-bi desktop to take just french cities ?  there is a code that i should respect ?

ps : i'm using an oline connexion and i dan't change the field category 

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hi, @Anonymous 

Just use Expand all fields at once instead of Drill down in the map visual.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/consumer/end-user-drill#expand-all-fields-at-once

4.JPG

6.JPG

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Anonymous 

Just add country column:

Country = "France"

Then darg into the highest level in the City

Now expand the visual.

Result:

14.JPG15.JPG

And I also filter the city.

17.JPG18.JPG

Regards,

Lin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you @v-lili6-msft  for the time you took to answer my question, in fact I tried this solution before writing my question and it did not work for me (it may be a problem of vesrion power bi ? i have the May 2019 version)carte 1.PNG

this is what i get when i drill down to city

carte 2.PNG

hi, @Anonymous 

Just use Expand all fields at once instead of Drill down in the map visual.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/consumer/end-user-drill#expand-all-fields-at-once

4.JPG

6.JPG

Regards,

Lin

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you very much  @v-lili6-msft  for the time spent simulating my problem. Indeed I followed your demonsttation and it solved the problem

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.