Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sandip
Helper III
Helper III

How can we filter the chart based on different calendar table which is created on another Date table

Hi,

How can we filter the chart based on different calendar table which is created on another Date table? 

actually I have two different Date tables to calculate the Created and Closed table: One is used for Date Domension and Other is used for carry over ticket over a month year.

For Date dimension table I have made relation with Child Table and for Calendar table I have no relation with other 2 table.

Below is the reference report file:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AeA7c-zvOm8yvNnqeAWA-apJ4AWq0Tc9/view?usp=sharing

My requirement is:

1. When I am using Month-Year as report filter from Date dimension table and use the bar chart based on another Calendar table,

how can I filter thye bar chart when I will select the value from date dimension table?

So based on the value selection from Date dimension table bar chart should chnage accordingly. But in my case it is not hapenning.

2. Another question is there another way to ignore the Page filter in measre used in Bar chart?

Please help me for that.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sandip 

I don't understand the calendar and date table's function, because you create relationship between dim date and child table, so if you change it, bar chart will change. In addition, did you want to use dim date to limit calendar's date range, if so, I think you could create relstionship beteen them, then put calendar date in slicer, and use dim date in slicer vusial filter(you could refer to my sample page 2). By the way, I think you use one of them(calendar, dim date) in your scenario should be enough. You could refer to A-Measure-That-Ignores-Page-Level-Filters  for detail.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sandip 

I don't understand the calendar and date table's function, because you create relationship between dim date and child table, so if you change it, bar chart will change. In addition, did you want to use dim date to limit calendar's date range, if so, I think you could create relstionship beteen them, then put calendar date in slicer, and use dim date in slicer vusial filter(you could refer to my sample page 2). By the way, I think you use one of them(calendar, dim date) in your scenario should be enough. You could refer to A-Measure-That-Ignores-Page-Level-Filters  for detail.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.