Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How can we deploy Power App embedded Power Bi report without manually changing powerapp environment?

I have embeeded Power App Visual in my Power BI report. for Dev, I have imported power app application from Power app Dev environment. When I plan for Production deployment, I could not find options to migrate power app along with my powerbi seamlessly. Currently it migrates the same Dev power app version to prod. I am manually editing the prod power bi report to import prod power  app visual. is there a way I can switch the power app environment automatically.

Note: I dont own the connection string for Power app. It is maintained by a different team. 

Any help is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Refer to the following steps required to use the Power Apps visual object in a Power BI report.
1. Download the latest version of powerbi desktop
2. Add the Power Apps visual object to the report and set the data fields associated with it.
3. Select the environment in which you want to create the application
4. When you are done, save and publish the application in Power Apps so that you can see your application in the Power BI report.

For detailed step-by-step instructions, please refer to the following official documents and related notes:

Embed a new Power App in a Power BI Report - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Power Apps visual for Power BI - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and related operation screenshoots. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Refer to the following steps required to use the Power Apps visual object in a Power BI report.
1. Download the latest version of powerbi desktop
2. Add the Power Apps visual object to the report and set the data fields associated with it.
3. Select the environment in which you want to create the application
4. When you are done, save and publish the application in Power Apps so that you can see your application in the Power BI report.

For detailed step-by-step instructions, please refer to the following official documents and related notes:

Embed a new Power App in a Power BI Report - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Power Apps visual for Power BI - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and related operation screenshoots. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-henryk-mstf 
I know this post is old but I too want to know the answer.
Your comment did not answer the question the original poster asked.

The problem is:
I have a power bi report that I have embedded a power app into (all works great).
Now I want to deploy the power bi report utilising the power bi deployment pipelines BUT there doesn't appear to be an option to change the location/source of the powerapp (as it moves through DEV->TEST->PROD).

So the question is, how do I deploy my PowerBI report ensuring that as it moves through environments, the embedded powerapp is also pointing to the correct environment?? (e.g. PowerBI in prod -> Embedded PowerApp should also be in the production environment) 

At this point I think it has to all be done manually (which is a real pain in the bum) and breaks best practice.
Cheers

ColinRE
Frequent Visitor

I agree. I have the same issue. Seem Power Automate visual is plagued with the same issue. 

https://ideas.fabric.microsoft.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=04e32a46-56b6-ec11-bea2-281878e63983&amp%3Bpag...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.