cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eravelo Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

How can i use values from a calculted column in a new measure with the if function?

As i said, i need to stablish an if function but using an calculated column as a reference, do you know how to do it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: How can i use values from a calculted column in a new measure with the if function?

Hi @eravelo,

Maybe something like this

=CALCULATE(your_formula,Data[column1]=TRUE)

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Re: How can i use values from a calculted column in a new measure with the if function?

Hey,

I'm not sure if I'm missing something, but if you created a Calculated Column in a table you can reference this column from a measure like so:

New Measure = 
IF(SUM('thetable'[calculated column]) < 1000
)

If you want to create a measure, it doesn't matter if the column is calculated or not.

Hopefully this is of some help

Regards

Tom

Hamburg - Germany
If I answer you question, please mark my post as solution, this will also help others.
Proud to be a Datanaut!
eravelo Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Yes but the calculated colum shows values as true or false... what i want to do is this: If (calculatedcolumnvalue = true; calculateoperation; blank)

Is there any function I could use instead of sum for text values? 

Super User
Super User

Hi @eravelo,

Maybe something like this

=CALCULATE(your_formula,Data[column1]=TRUE)