Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Samy-Elsayed
Frequent Visitor

How can i use Case Sensitive feature in power bi

Hello Dears,

The data that I import from redshift and SQL server to power bi  is case sensitive, but when I started to use it in the visualization or in analysis in excel the filter didn't return all the records that have the same letters just it returned on record 
Ex: if I have transactions in the database for the following accounts
google
Google
GOOGLE

it became just one record in power bi

any solutions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ribisht17
Super User
Super User

@Samy-Elsayed 

Chris Webb's BI Blog: Power BI And Case Sensitivity Chris Webb's BI Blog (crossjoin.co.uk)

>>

Case sensitivity is one of the more confusing aspects of Power BI: while the Power Query engine is case sensitive, the main Power BI engine (that means datasets, relationships, DAX etc) is case insensitive. Imke Feldmann shows how to make Power Query case insensitive through custom M here; in this blog post I’m going to concentrate on what case-insensitivity means in datasets and DAX and show a way to (kind of) work around it.

Regards,
Ritesh
Mark my post as a solution if it helped you| Munde and Kudis (Ladies and Gentlemen) I like your Kudos!! !!
My YT Channel Dancing With Data !! Connect on Linkedin !!Power BI for Tableau Users 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
isabella
Employee
Employee

Hi @Samy-Elsayed 

The power bi desktop is case insensitive,you can’t change it ,but we can make google,GOOGLE ,or  Google different separately.

My method is to can add an index column in power query ,then merge the two columns.Hope this will helps.

isabella_0-1652853665132.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Isabella

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

ribisht17
Super User
Super User

@Samy-Elsayed 

Chris Webb's BI Blog: Power BI And Case Sensitivity Chris Webb's BI Blog (crossjoin.co.uk)

>>

Case sensitivity is one of the more confusing aspects of Power BI: while the Power Query engine is case sensitive, the main Power BI engine (that means datasets, relationships, DAX etc) is case insensitive. Imke Feldmann shows how to make Power Query case insensitive through custom M here; in this blog post I’m going to concentrate on what case-insensitivity means in datasets and DAX and show a way to (kind of) work around it.

Regards,
Ritesh
Mark my post as a solution if it helped you| Munde and Kudis (Ladies and Gentlemen) I like your Kudos!! !!
My YT Channel Dancing With Data !! Connect on Linkedin !!Power BI for Tableau Users 

Thanks for your advice, its working now

Kindly i need to apply on column from query , I tried to add this column to apply but I couldn't ,

kindly advice

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.