Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How can i resize the pie chart?

I need to manipulate the size of my pie chart. I can edit the font size and colors but there are times i want to shrink or expand the actual pie chart. I can't figure out how to do that.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

My desire was to manipulate the size of the pie within the frame to reduce white space, i didn't think it was possible so thank you for confirming. However, i did work with location of the ledgend and based on that location it helped reduce white space.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you find a solution for this yet?
I need to decrease the size of the pie itself and increase the legend area.

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

You can specify the values for Width and Height. Or directly drag the frame of visual to enlarge or decrease the size of pie chart.

1.PNG

But, what you said "shrink or expand the actual pie chart", do you want to just change the size of pie chart inside, while keep the size of frame, so that the white space between chart and frame is decreased? If so, I'm afraid it is not available to achieve that right now.

1.PNG

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

"change the size of pie chart inside, while keep the size of frame, so that the white space between chart and frame is decreased? If so, I'm afraid it is not available to achieve that right now." Do you know if this is somehow available now of if they're planning to release in the future? I wanna resize the pie chart itself without resizing the frame visual 

Anonymous
Not applicable

My desire was to manipulate the size of the pie within the frame to reduce white space, i didn't think it was possible so thank you for confirming. However, i did work with location of the ledgend and based on that location it helped reduce white space.

Hi, I was having the same need for resizing on a page with multiple doughnut charts that due to the order of the page I wanted to keep the same size for all doughnut charts even though the sizes of the visuals were different. To the best of my knowledge the only way to resize the size of the doughnut is by changing the visual itself. What I did to work around this is the following:

1. Size the doughnut or pie to the size you want it by "shrink or expand the actual pie chart" visual.
  2. Create a blank text box with a white background (or the color of your dashboard) that you place in the missing space.
  3. Highlight the two visuals and group them together. This way you can move the group and it would stick together.

In my example here you can see that due to the order of the two charts the space below is bigger than the size of the chart visual above. If you would re-size the visual itself also the pie / doughnut would grow or shrink accordingly. But with placing a colored blank text box as placeholder on the gap, your users of your dashboard wouldn't notice it.

schaema3_0-1695331946231.png 

This is how it would look when you only resize the visual itself: 

schaema3_1-1695333770041.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.