Highlighted
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Re: How can i hide Column ?

any update?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Assume we have a requirement to display Actual, Target, Actual/Target % and Stock. This needs to be displayed/compared for MTD vs YTD where in YTD, we do not need to display the Stock. In this case, how would we hide the field 'Stock' for YTD whereas show it for MTD?

Highlighted
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

didnt get your point if you share one sample report it will be good

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

More details:

Table Structure - 

Segment | Model | StockType | PeriodType | Actual | Target | Stock

I want it arracnged in the below format. 'TA_Calc' is a simple calculation as % of Actual/Target. Now, the measure 'Stock' applies only to MTD Period Type while not of YTD. So I would like to hide the column 'Stock' when Period Type is 'YTD'.

I have tried another way, where I unpivoted these fields, where I get an 'Attribute' and 'Value', in this scenario, I am able to 'Exclude' the Stock, BUT, the subtotals for the calculated field 'TA_Calc' are not using the formula 'Actual/Target'. 

I need a solution on how I can get the below visualization with the expected output as suggested above.

Capture.PNG

Highlighted
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

can you share me the .pbix file

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I'am sorry I cant. But I can share any more details you may need or I'm open to any suggestions like using a different visual etc.

Highlighted
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

ok

Highlighted
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

you should share the .pbix file for help and learning. By givin screenshot its not the solution.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hello Everyone,

I am having the trouble in hiding the columsn in a matrix based on slicer selection. I mean if current month is Yes then it should show Jan column in the matrix visual and if its No then it should show till december itself in the matrix visual. Does anybody have the solution for this.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

When dragging the column I want to hide in order to make it smaller, I end up making all my cells disproportionately larger than they should be. Please advise. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Upcoming Events

Upcoming Events

Wondering what events you could join or have an event to promote yourself? Check out our Upcoming Events.

Community Summit Australia – Join Online!

Community Summit Australia – Join Online!

Be a part of the leading Microsoft Business Applications digital event, curated for the APAC community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors