Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Betissa
Helper I
Helper I

How can i hide Column ?

Hello ;
I wish to hide the column of Client perdu of Budget N of this matrix

How I can I do it
?matrix.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You can do this my create a another column:

in my example, i want to hide revenue where currency is CAD, so I created another field using DAX expression, if hope you can use the same logic 

My Display Revenue = if(Sales[Currency]="CAD",BLANK(), Sales[Revenue])

and now you can see the output, My Display Revenue is blank for currency "CAD" but it shows for other currencies

hide1.PNG

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
DataBank
Helper III
Helper III

Hellow everyone, i heed ur help how to conditionally hide the column in power bi matrix,

1>> in top visaul whenever im place arr then u can see the red highlited arr going to repeat across the month

2>> but i dont want to repeat the column and its value as i have solve this issue by using Tabular Editor and but i want to resolve this issue with using Tabular Eiditor

DataBank_1-1655392961859.png

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Betissa

1) If you want to hide this Column only under Budget N but display it under the others - you can't do this like you would in Excel.

2) You may be able to achieve this result by writing separate Measures to duplicate each column - but I don't know if this would be worth the time!

3)You can also always cover it up with some other shape/visual to hide it! (Not a good choice since you have formatting)

4) But what you should probably do - go to the Column Header on the right side and just drag to the left as if to make it smaller!

It should disappear!

Good Luck! Smiley Happy

When dragging the column I want to hide in order to make it smaller, I end up making all my cells disproportionately larger than they should be. My goal is to hide a column that I do not want to show up in my final table, but I want my data to be sorted by this column. Please advise.

When dragging the column I want to hide in order to make it smaller, I end up making all my cells disproportionately larger than they should be. Please advise. 

When I try to shrink the width of the column the height of the rows increases. How can I shrink in width without increasing the height of the rows?

Thanks in advance

yes, but if you pin the visual to a dashboard the column unhides itself!

Hi,

I Have 3 column but I want hide second column "CTY" in my pbix file shared https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxreilNC4AvsVGFRUFhWNUNXQW8

How will I do that if you help me on my pbix file and share with me.

Thanks

Aamir

Hey @mdaamirkhan

Sorry I'm not clear about your request, do you want to complete hide this column or on some condition. 

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

How to Hide Column Conditionally in power bi Matrix

Hellow everyone, i heed ur help how to conditionally hide the column in power bi matrix,

1>> in top visaul whenever im place arr then u can see the red highlited arr going to repeat across the month

2>> but i dont want to repeat the column and its value as i have solve this issue by using Tabular Editor and but i want to resolve this issue with using Tabular Eiditor

DataBank_0-1655392844602.png

I mean both way

no idea what you mean by both way. i think you have to provide more details with expected result. just saying hide the column is not enough to provide help. sorry about that.

Assume we have a requirement to display Actual, Target, Actual/Target % and Stock. This needs to be displayed/compared for MTD vs YTD where in YTD, we do not need to display the Stock. In this case, how would we hide the field 'Stock' for YTD whereas show it for MTD?

didnt get your point if you share one sample report it will be good

More details:

Table Structure - 

Segment | Model | StockType | PeriodType | Actual | Target | Stock

I want it arracnged in the below format. 'TA_Calc' is a simple calculation as % of Actual/Target. Now, the measure 'Stock' applies only to MTD Period Type while not of YTD. So I would like to hide the column 'Stock' when Period Type is 'YTD'.

I have tried another way, where I unpivoted these fields, where I get an 'Attribute' and 'Value', in this scenario, I am able to 'Exclude' the Stock, BUT, the subtotals for the calculated field 'TA_Calc' are not using the formula 'Actual/Target'. 

I need a solution on how I can get the below visualization with the expected output as suggested above.

Capture.PNG

can you share me the .pbix file

I'am sorry I cant. But I can share any more details you may need or I'm open to any suggestions like using a different visual etc.

you should share the .pbix file for help and learning. By givin screenshot its not the solution.

ok

in ther previous messages  you hide a culomn rite. So I want to hide a column "CTY" from Matrix/Table as there are 3 column.

Is there any way to hide and unhide a column conditionally. 

any update?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors