Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

radify

How can i hide Column ?

For the data shown below,  it is sorted according to total amount.  How can I hide the column Total but still arrange the quantity base on total amount ?

image.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @radify,

This can be done by adjusting the width to 0 like showed in the 3 pictures below:

2Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

This way the matrix still includes the column in its calculation but it is not visible on visual level.

Regards,

L.Meijdam

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @radify,

This can be done by adjusting the width to 0 like showed in the 3 pictures below:

2Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

This way the matrix still includes the column in its calculation but it is not visible on visual level.

Regards,

L.Meijdam

Anonymous
Not applicable

This does not work for me. If I try to resize the column manuall then the contents wrap up and the row size increases dramatically. 

sau001_0-1601502177148.png

sau001_1-1601502214724.png

Hi LMeijdam 

When I try to shrink the width of the column the height of the rows increases. How can I shrink in width without increasing the height of the rows?

Thanks in advance

If your row height increases as you shrink the width you may have word wrap switched on in either your header or values.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @yamenmarquez,

I have tried it myself a second ago and I have the same issue, perhaps @v-chuncz-msft can assist you with this problem. Since this is a older post it could be possible that the older solution doesnt work anymore, perhaps it is best to create a new topic about it.

Best regards,

L.Meijdam

Put the column you want to hide at the end of your matrix.

In the field formatting, give the column the same colour as the background, apply also it to the column header and total.

Make the visual smaller, so the column disappear on the report

I have done it with a calculated column with a row title of 1 character and values 1 and 0, so the column is small in the view.

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@radify,

You can adjust the column width manually.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Am really new with this.  Thanks a lot.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.