Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

How can I visualize the following mockup?

I realize that I might not be able to create the mock-up in the image below using one visual.  Perhaps I need to visuals?  However, that would create a problem with trying to keep the x-axis in sync.  Essentially I need one horizontal line at the bottom that shows the drug the patient was taking.  At the top, I need a line chart that shows lab values over time.

Thoughts?

psa.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PaulDBrown
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Nick-Singleton 

Is this what you are looking for more or less?

Line Chart.JPG

Here is the PBIX file if it might help:

Tracing Results by Drug Type 

As an alternative, you can show each drug along the same line:

Single Line Chart.JPG

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
adam456
Frequent Visitor

It would be great if you could create the mock dashboard wireframe before moving to the development process. You can use Mokkup.ai, which helps you create dashboard mockups that are easily replicable in Power BI.

PaulDBrown
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Nick-Singleton 

Is this what you are looking for more or less?

Line Chart.JPG

Here is the PBIX file if it might help:

Tracing Results by Drug Type 

As an alternative, you can show each drug along the same line:

Single Line Chart.JPG

Paul on Linkedin.

This is great!  Thank you so much for building this.  I looked at how you did this.  Would it be possible if the 5 drugs are dynamic?  Meaning there could be 100 drugs total, but for a particular patient, it would only be 3 or 4.  Is there a possible implementation of this?

@Nick-Singleton 

Not sure if you have finally suceeded in making the report dynamic, but just in case, here is a way of doing it:

Drug Chart.JPG

Single Line Chart.JPG

Unfortunately you can't do conditional formating on the legend, so I have added the reference to the drug name as a separate card underneath.

Here is the PBIX file:

Dynamic Report (Drugs by Patient) 

Paul on Linkedin.

@Nick-Singleton 

My bet is that it can be dynamic, for sure. Of course the way to implement it is dependent on the data structure and how you would select each patient (slicer I would imagine).

If you can provide a mock-up of the data I can give it a shot. 

Paul on Linkedin.

PaulDBrown
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Nick-Singleton 

I would imagine you could achieve this using a line chart. Do you have any sample data?

Paul on Linkedin.

I will make the sample data fit if there is an appropriate solution.  So, the sample data isn't hard requirement.  I can transform it anyway necessary if I can get the visual to meet the needs.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Nick-Singleton you can somewhat achieve this using Line and Clustered Column chart available in visual gallery.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.