Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

yoshihirok
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

How can I use the TornadoChart for population per gender and age ?

How can I use the TornadoChart for population per gender and age ?

I want to create the report of population chart per gender and age by TornadoChart.

I cannot make gender left and right chart.

I want to Y asix is age group and, X axis populations, and left/right to gender.

Regards,

Yoshihiro Kawabata

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PowerDAX
Resolver III
Resolver III

The intent of the Tornado Chart looks to be to compare two measures against the same dimension.  Add one dimension in the group field and two measures in the values field.

You can take a look at my writeup covering the new custom visuals and download an example pbix file here: http://bit.ly/1k1uDDo

powerdax.com

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PowerDAX
Resolver III
Resolver III

The intent of the Tornado Chart looks to be to compare two measures against the same dimension.  Add one dimension in the group field and two measures in the values field.

You can take a look at my writeup covering the new custom visuals and download an example pbix file here: http://bit.ly/1k1uDDo

powerdax.com

Excellent Thank you PowerDAX.

I will start reading your article "AdventureWorks Power BI Visualization Samples".

Best Regards,

Yoshihiro Kawabata

Thank you PowerDax,

Your write up and the example pbix file is really usefull. 

I just hope MS find a way to make writing and managing measures more user friendly as given you have to write multiple seperate measures i.e total1, total2 i find it becomes unweildy to keep track of them all, some way of grouping measures and adding comments would be a start.

Would love to see an extra group by option against some of these visualisations where users just drag the relevant group field, would cut down on number of measures in some circumstances and also help to design furture proof analysis where you don't have to change the measure(s) if the data changes slightly.

itchyeyeballs
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Are you using the Tornado chart from the new visuals gallery? If so I'm having the same problem, there doesn’t seem to be a way to select the "left/right" groups (although I'm probably missing something)

I have a similar issue with the radar plot where the visual seems to imply you can overlay two groups in the same chart and the bullet chart which seems to imply you can have one chart for each group, I can’t figure out how to do this though.

It would be good if there was user documentation available via the visuals gallery to explain how the charts work.

Edit - I figured out the radar plot, I need two separate measures rather than being able to pick a column to group by.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.