Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How can I use measure for text col

I have calculated col for the text col below

measure for text1.PNG

But how can I change it to measure because I need to use parameter to dynamically change the NWI status such as when is "working", "Slow" Dead" .This is what I have done so far, I am not sure how to change to formula for measure

measure for text2.PNG

Like below this one, change according to parametermeasure for text3.PNG

Really appreciate Profs help

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Calculated Columns are row by row calculations that occur as part of the data import.

Measures are formulas that are only calculated based on the report context of which they are used.  The are calculated at the point in time that the report is being run.

You cannot make a calculated column into a measure as they are not the same thing and are not used the same way.  You can certainly move the logic across, but they don't work the same way at all.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Prof, I know they are not the same thing, I just do not know how to convert the logic to measure

Anonymous
Not applicable

Use same logic and syntax. Before referencing any column in logic use max function so that you can use it measure else it won't allow you to refer any column in measure.
E.g
Instead of table[column]
Max(table[column]) or selectedvalue (table[column])

Thanks,
Pravin

Hi @Anonymous ,

Kindly share your sample data and excepted result to me if you don't have any Confidential Information. Please upload your files to One Drive and share the link here.

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Prof,

@v-frfei-msft 

Attached here is excel file,

the idea is I put the value in the cell of simulated Planned, the NWI status will change accordingly.

I have already simulated using what-if analysis, and have to use measure because it calculated on the fly, so the values can change, but only the numerical values can change, the text value like NWI status cannot change, because it cannot say using sumx or any, not like numerical values.

the second issue is that actually in power bi, I cannot do multiple row simulations at the same time, because for once I put the what-if parameter for the simulation col, it will change for all the rows. 

I want to ask is there any idea how to do multiple row simulations simultaneously, or using some third party visuals to do it or power apps can solve this issue?

Thanks for your suggestion in advance.

I just need ideas to solve these two issues

Here is sample data but I am not sure you need formulas for that, please let me know.

https://1drv.ms/x/s!Am9VKMj_rOZJnEHGRVRagMCzmYMx

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you want measure instead of column then just add max of min or selectedvalue infront of column names.

It will give you same result.

Thanks
Pravin

If it resolves your problem mark it as a solution and give Kudos.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.