Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

username54673
Frequent Visitor

How can I use a mapping table to map arbitrary input to a standard table?

I have the following three tables:

CustomerData - A table with an number of arbitrary columns

StandardizedData - A template which feeds into my report with 10 columns and no data

MappingTable - A two column table with column 1 containing the 10 standard column names and the 10 corresponding column names in the CustomerData table.

How would I run a query such that I only have to update column 2 in the MappingTable to have it load my 10 columns from CustomerData into the StandardizedData table and flow through the rest of the report?

1 REPLY 1
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @username54673,

From your description, I could not figure out the structure of your mapping table and I want to know the related columns between the “StandardizedData” table and the “CustomerData” table. And how could you update the column2 in the MappingTable to have it load to your 10 columns from CustomerData into the StandardizedData table? Could you post some related pictures, give me some raw data file and clarify your desired pictures to test for your problem? If the file does contain sensitive data, please upload your report to your OneDrive and send the link to me via private message.

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.