Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Nahuel

How can I update my reports without open PB desktop?

Hi. I hope you can help me.

I have a lot of reports published in my workspace. I work with excel and acces files. 

I have to updated every report each 15 days. For that, I have to open each file on my computer, and click on "update" and then "publish" to replace the old version of my reports. 

Is there any way to update automatically my reports? without open my power bi desktop. 

I would like to configure the updates at night for example, and let the computer doing it alone. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Nahuel ,

You could use on-premises data gateway and manage scheduled refresh for the report.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Nahuel ,

You could use on-premises data gateway and manage scheduled refresh for the report.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

while you can do some of the edits in the Power BI service these edits are still manual, and they result in the service dataset being out of sync with the pbix file. 

What are the changes you have to do every 15 days - are these changes something you can cover with Power Query, or are these UI changes?

Are you aware of ALM Toolkit?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.