cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tcook Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: How can I sort the text values in a filter object?

The solution is far easier than I thought. 

Steps

1. In the "Fields" pane, click on the field that is being dispalyed.
  2. On the "Modeling" tab, click "Sort By Column".
  3. Chose the column that you want to sort the displayed field by.
  4. Viola
rmettu_1242 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thank you ,

I have quick question. sorting is working fine in Power BI Desktop version. when i publish to power BI services, it's not shown sorting order 

Any idea?

Tas1 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hi, I did that but didn't work for me Smiley Sad 

I have a weekdays slicer and tried the same..I created a column of week days numbers and sorted by it ....it did sort the table but nothing changed on the report page the slicer is sorted alphabetically 

Help Please !!!!!

DGTAPI Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Bue dia solicito su ayuda en lo siguiente 

Necesito mostrar un grafico de columnas de forma ordeanada, tengo datos agosto- diciembre 2017 y enero 2018, al graficar, no se organiza la infmoación de forma cronologica. Ya ordene los datos en la data pero en el reporte no quedan organizados 

Highlighted
DGTAPI Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I have a chronologically ordered data record, and I already ordered the original database, I have data for the August-December 2017 and January 2018 periods

REPORTE PROBLEMA.PNGREPORTE PROBLEMA 2.PNG

DGTAPI Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I have a chronologically ordered data record, already sort the original database, I have data for the period August-December 2017 and January 2018, when inserting a graph of columns the months are displayed in a disorderly manner, the data for January are shown 2018 in the middle of the graph, when they should appear at the end. I appreciate your helpREPORTE PROBLEMA.PNGREPORTE PROBLEMA 2.PNG

sailtango New Member

I created a calculated column which concatenates month number and month name, and then use that column as a filter:

ordered mont = format('table name'[month number];"00") & ". " & 'table name'[month name]

The Format functiion adds a zero before months 1, 2 and 3, as this column is now a text column.

Gabriel.

SergioJG Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I've made the same comment on a different similar topic:

In my case I have color states: red, amber, yellow, green. I've created a calculated column with an IF function; IF color sates = "Red" then "A", then "B", then "C"... Now I click on color state/Modelling/Sort by column and click on my new calculated column. But it gives back the following message: "This column cant't be sorted by a column that is already sorted, directly or indirectly, by this column."

Any tip?

Thanks in advance!

SrinivasB Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thanks its worked for me.

Regards,

Srinivas.