Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dhruvin
Helper III
Helper III

How can I show value of one table which is not availble in another table with dynamic filtering?

I have following two tables with fields:

1. Stores Checklist
    1. SiteId
    2. StoreName
    3. DateModified
  2. Sites
    1. ID
    2. StoreName

I have applied DateModified Slicer in a report.

I want to find out value for stores not submitted. Means, From, sites table find out the name of the stores which are not available in table Stores checklist.

I can easily do it with EXCEPT function in Power BI. But, the challenge is I want value of Store Not Submitted in dynamic manner based on date slicer. Ex. If In January 5 stores have submitted then 15 are not submitted.

Currently, below are the formula which are not work as expected.

StoresNotSubmittedWeekly = EXCEPT(VALUES(Sites[Id]),VALUES('Stores Checklist'[SiteId]))
Can anyone suggest me, how to achieve this stuff in Dynamic manner?

Sample Data Source and Power BI file is here:

Download Sample Power BI and Excel file

As per sample data if user select January Month then, stores not submittes should be C to AZ from sites table.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Dhruvin,

If you set the relationship between Sites and StoreChecklist to 1:many and direction single, perhaps this measure will meet your requirements:

storesNotSubmitted = countrows(EXCEPT(values(Sites[Site ID]);VALUES(StoresCheckList[SiteId]))).

Create a table visual with Sites[SiteID] or Sites[Name] and the measure,
and the table will dynamically show the stores which are not present in 'StoreChecklist'-table

best regards,
Sturla

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Dhruvin,

I can easily do it with EXCEPT function in Power BI. But, the challenge is I want value of Store Not Submitted in dynamic manner based on date slicer. Ex. If In January 5 stores have submitted then 15 are not submitted.

Currently, below are the formula which are not work as expected.

StoresNotSubmittedWeekly = EXCEPT(VALUES(Sites[Id]),VALUES('Stores Checklist'[SiteId])) 

As per sample data if user select January Month then, stores not submittes should be C to AZ from sites table

Your clarification about the requirement is not so clear. Could you share more details?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

@v-yuta-msft: - My requirement is to find out the stores who hase not submitted any responses. I want to show and list down them in a table.

Example: StoreChecklist table have a column for siteId and store name which has store name A to O. 

I have master table for all the stores named "Sites" which has a value of stores from A to AZ.

So, according to my requirement stores not submitted = The name of stores which presents in Sites table but not in StoreChecklist table.

If I use the formula I get the result.

But here is a challenge of date slicer.

If use selects only date range of January from the the slicers then the Stores not submitted value are: Stores C to AZ. 

How do I achieve this?

Any idea?

Hi @Dhruvin,

If you set the relationship between Sites and StoreChecklist to 1:many and direction single, perhaps this measure will meet your requirements:

storesNotSubmitted = countrows(EXCEPT(values(Sites[Site ID]);VALUES(StoresCheckList[SiteId]))).

Create a table visual with Sites[SiteID] or Sites[Name] and the measure,
and the table will dynamically show the stores which are not present in 'StoreChecklist'-table

best regards,
Sturla
LivioLanzo
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Dhruvin are you able to post a sample of your dataset?

Did I answer your question correctly? Mark my answer as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!  

@LivioLanzo - 

Sure, I have added the sample data source file and Power BI file.

Download

Here my expected output is - If user select January then stores not submitted shoud be C to AZ from sites table.

Feel free to tell me if you need anything else.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.