Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

cmenendez
Regular Visitor

How can I show 2 axis on a column chart

Hi,

I have to make a graph of a common value (number of contracts), and I would like to see the number of contracts per creation date, that's easy, but I would like to show in the same graph the number of contracts when the maintenance expired:

Image 24.png

So at the end my value is the same but the axis would change. Right now I can solve the problem making 2 graphs and just placing one on top of the other...

Is there a way to add both values into the same graph?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I'd need some sample data to be certain how to help, but if you had a Calendar table of just dates, then you could use this to calculate how many starting and ending contracts you have by using either a couple of measures or calculated columns.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I think what you may want to do is to have a single Axis but two different values for each date, the number of contracts created and the number of contracts ending. 

Latest book!:

I guess then that I would need to create another value to calculate the number of contracts starting and ending based on a time scale...

I'd need some sample data to be certain how to help, but if you had a Calendar table of just dates, then you could use this to calculate how many starting and ending contracts you have by using either a couple of measures or calculated columns.

Latest book!:

Great, thanks for the help.

I created a table with monthly incremental and I made a calculation for every month of the active customers, and another calculation with the expired customers.

Maintenancecustomers = CALCULATE([nrCTS],
Filter(ContractData,ContractData[Contract Start]< Dates[Dates]),FILTER(ContractData,ContractData[Contract End]>Dates[Dates]))

With that, I could create the graph which I was looking for.

@Greg_Deckler I will add your comment as the solution

Thanks again!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.