Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ah2020
Helper I
Helper I

How can I replicate this design in my Reports?

Recently, I came across a blog where the author posted some sample reports (images only) and I found them to be very interesting. I would like to replicate this design in one of my reports but I could  not find any tutorials online which explained how to create them. I am mostly interested in the tabs design shown in those reports.

Here is the design I am after:

Reports with TabsReports with Tabs

Any pointers/help would be highly appreciated.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Migasuke
Super User
Super User

Hi @ah2020 ,

This solution is done by Bookmarks.
Basically you add these icons/pictures for Page 1, Page 2 .... , and set, that the pictures would behave like buttons.
Once you click on this picture with Page 1, you are navigate to specific bookmark. If you click on ie Page 2, you are navigate to a different bookmark.

From my perspective it looks very nice and cool, just seting this up might take a while, especially if you have never worked with bookmarks.
More here:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-bookmarks

If my answer was helpful please give me a Kudos or even accept as a Solution.

Let's connect on LinkedIn!

View solution in original post

PaulDBrown
Community Champion
Community Champion

@ah2020 

As @Migasuke correctly explains, you need a backround picture for each of you report pages and you emulate the page navigation experience by including bookmarks on the tabs for each page.

I've attached a PowerPoint of the graphics I used for a small personal project. As you will see, each slide represents a report page. Feel free to mess around/edit/use the sample.

Edit. Included sample images for clarity/illustration purposes

20210822_105121000_iOS.jpg

20210822_105152000_iOS.jpg

20210822_105206000_iOS.jpg

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PaulDBrown
Community Champion
Community Champion

@ah2020 

As @Migasuke correctly explains, you need a backround picture for each of you report pages and you emulate the page navigation experience by including bookmarks on the tabs for each page.

I've attached a PowerPoint of the graphics I used for a small personal project. As you will see, each slide represents a report page. Feel free to mess around/edit/use the sample.

Edit. Included sample images for clarity/illustration purposes

20210822_105121000_iOS.jpg

20210822_105152000_iOS.jpg

20210822_105206000_iOS.jpg

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.

Thanks! That was really helpful.

Migasuke
Super User
Super User

Hi @ah2020 ,

This solution is done by Bookmarks.
Basically you add these icons/pictures for Page 1, Page 2 .... , and set, that the pictures would behave like buttons.
Once you click on this picture with Page 1, you are navigate to specific bookmark. If you click on ie Page 2, you are navigate to a different bookmark.

From my perspective it looks very nice and cool, just seting this up might take a while, especially if you have never worked with bookmarks.
More here:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-bookmarks

If my answer was helpful please give me a Kudos or even accept as a Solution.

Let's connect on LinkedIn!

Thanks for the explanation and useful pointers.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.