Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

lareine

How can I perform a search in my data sets?

It looks like << ctrl F >> does not work in power bi. I need to search a specific column heading and need to find it quicker then scrolling thru over 100 columns. Is there an easy way to do this? 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@lareine Where do you need this functionality? In the main report page and the data section there is a search right at the top of Fields and will search and filter all your objects to only those that match. I assume you must mean in the Query Editor? In that section, you can go to "View" in the header and select the "Go to Column" to navigate to the column you want.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @lareine,

As Eno1978 said, current power bi not contain function to locate a column based on column name, you can only do it in power query with go to column feature.

6.PNG

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @lareine,

As Eno1978 said, current power bi not contain function to locate a column based on column name, you can only do it in power query with go to column feature.

6.PNG

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

@lareine Where do you need this functionality? In the main report page and the data section there is a search right at the top of Fields and will search and filter all your objects to only those that match. I assume you must mean in the Query Editor? In that section, you can go to "View" in the header and select the "Go to Column" to navigate to the column you want.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.