Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ilia
Frequent Visitor

How can I make one report refers to another?

Hello everyone:) I am begginer with Power BI, so I have a few questions about it:

1. Is it possible to make one report refers to another? I have two reports A and B. When I tap on some graph on report A report B will appear with some different graph.
  2. When I linked two dashboards, both of them were visible in user mobile app. How can I hide one of them? So user will see only one dashboard, but when he tapped on it, another dashboard will open.
  3. There are many cool examples of dashboards in mobile app with icons:) How can I make dashboards with icons?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Ilia,

For the first question,
The Filters pane is used to apply filters and highlighting to Power BI reports, report pages, and to individual report visuals. A page filter applies to all the visuals on the report page.  A visual filter applies to a single visual on a report page. And a report filter applies to all pages in the report.

The largest filter scope is on report level, so when you tap on some graph on report A has nothing to do with report B.

For the second question, you said that "both of them were visible in user mobile app", so the dashboards are visibile for this user at any time, you cannnot hide one of them.

For the third question, could you please provide us some sample of dashboards in mobile app with icons, so that we can make further analysis.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Ilia,

For the first question,
The Filters pane is used to apply filters and highlighting to Power BI reports, report pages, and to individual report visuals. A page filter applies to all the visuals on the report page.  A visual filter applies to a single visual on a report page. And a report filter applies to all pages in the report.

The largest filter scope is on report level, so when you tap on some graph on report A has nothing to do with report B.

For the second question, you said that "both of them were visible in user mobile app", so the dashboards are visibile for this user at any time, you cannnot hide one of them.

For the third question, could you please provide us some sample of dashboards in mobile app with icons, so that we can make further analysis.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Ilia
Frequent Visitor

Hello everyone:) I am beginner with Power BI and so I have a few questions about it:

1. Is it really possible to make one report refers to another? I mean that tapping on some graph on report A open me a new report B.
  2. How can I hide some dashboards? I have two dashboards A and B. A refers to B but both of them are visible in mobile app. I need to hide dashboard B, so user in his mobile app will see only dashboard A, but when user tap on dashboard A, dashboard B will appear.
  3. There are many cool examples of dashboards in mobile app. And all of these examples have icons:: How to create icon for my dashboard?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.