Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ClaytonMUK
Helper I
Helper I

How can I highlight values based on separate list

Hi,

I'd like to highlight certain values based on my customer's specific needs. Lets say I have a dataset with 100s of device names on a website and a count for each device that displays the number of clicks per device. My customer has a separate small list of "Important" devices (with the same name) that they are interested in. In my customization I would like to highlight any of those important devices that may appear in the list.

I would be happy to manully edit the customization but I believe conditional formatting does not work on Text fields.

I thought of having a separate data set listing the interesting devices (which I can manually create as it is small), then doing some lookup against the 2 tables and where there is a match for devicename I can create some flag in a new column in the bigger table.

I've tried linking the 2 tables and various DAX using LOOKUPVALUE but can't quite get there.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @ClaytonMUK,

You can create a measure like this as an indicator. You can try it out in this file.

IsFavourite =
IF (
    MIN ( SiteData[Device] ) IN VALUES ( 'FavouriteDevices'[Device] ),
    "Yes",
    "No"
)

How_can_I_highlight_values_based_on_separate_list2

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ClaytonMUK,

Please share a dummy sample.

Best Regards,

Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

SiteData.csv
Device,Hits
Device 1,100
Device 2,125
Device 3,88
Device 4,199
Device 5,300
Device 6,247
Device 7,236
Device 8,52
Device 9,8
Device 10,111

FavouriteDevices.csv
Device 3
Device 6
Device 7

Hi, it can be any simple list of devices with dummy data associated and a separate list of devices to reference - in this case by the same Device name. I've attached 2 csv examples which I assume can be used. The desired outcome would be a list of all the devices in SiteData.csv but with the devices in FavouriteDevices.csv highlighted somehow (in real life my SiteData might have 100s devices and FavouriteDevices would only have up to 10 devices, but they could change every few weeks).

Hi @ClaytonMUK,

This could be easy. We can import two files and establish a 1:* relationship. The result table could be like below.

How_can_I_highlight_values_based_on_separate_list

Best Regards,

Dale

Hi Dale,

Thanks for your reply. I was hoping to have the 'FavouriteDevices' highlighted in the bigger 'SiteData' list (or any kind of indicator), but I'll give your suggestion a try. Seems odd that its not a simple thing to highlight certain values in a big list, even if I do it manually.

Hi @ClaytonMUK,

You can create a measure like this as an indicator. You can try it out in this file.

IsFavourite =
IF (
    MIN ( SiteData[Device] ) IN VALUES ( 'FavouriteDevices'[Device] ),
    "Yes",
    "No"
)

How_can_I_highlight_values_based_on_separate_list2

Best Regards,

Dale

Hi Dale,

That works well. Thanks for your help.

Martin

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.