Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

pouyaNikzad
Regular Visitor

How can I have dynamic axis which is responsive on slicer value, without using bridge table, use DAX

Untitled.png

Hi everyone, I have a chart which I need that the x value (Axis) changes by changing the slicer value (this slicer is the yellow one that has all the Dims (x values)) and it comes from DimList table, for example at the moment the chart is totalfreight by custid, but i need if i check the 'empid' from the yellow slicer the chart value changed to totalfreight by empid. and this happens for all of the slicer values.

but I dont like bridge table or any methods that has bad effect on performance. because the FactTable has a billion rows and I modeled it in SSAS, tabular model and has live connection. Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pouyaNikzad,

That's reasonable. Then you should try bookmarks and buttons.

Here's a reference.

Br,

T

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, thank you

but I dont want to use bridge table cause this has bad effect on my model performance, I looking for method that consider performance aspects on big size model too.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pouyaNikzad,

That's reasonable. Then you should try bookmarks and buttons.

Here's a reference.

Br,

T

Seward12533
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Currently you can't use measure or dynamically change what is on the X axis.  To do this I use Bookmarks and Selection panes in combination to switch between different charts to display.

Tip - for the bookmarks uncheck the "data" and have the bookmarks only hide/show the charts. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.