Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

fabjolakasaj
Frequent Visitor

How can I filter out a line chart with two different slicers that have the same field

Hello!

I need some help with building two comparison tables and a common graph on the side. Each table has two slicers, each of them has the same field. I am comparing the same cars but different ages. vehicle type slicers interact with each other but vehicle age slicers don't. This way I am getting my comparison in two different tables. Till this point it working well. 

I need to add a line chart graph that combines the result of these tables. So, if I am selecting the first age group "0-3" and the second one "4-6" , I need the graph to show two different lines for each age group. Right now, when I select the second age group the graph is blank.One age group selectedOne age group selectedTwo age groups selectedTwo age groups selected

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xinruzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @fabjolakasaj 

Since you have filtered the data from 0-3 months, now the view has filtered out other months according to your filter, and only shows 0-3 months, so when you filter the data from April to June with another slicer, it is equivalent to filtering in the data from 0-3 months that has been presented now, but the data does not contain the data from April to June so it returns null values. The best approach is to create another line chart that shows the data filtered by two filters and sets up the interaction so that it is not affected by slicers on both sides.

You can refer to the following link to know how to set interaction.

Change how visuals interact in a report - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-xinruzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @fabjolakasaj 

Since you have filtered the data from 0-3 months, now the view has filtered out other months according to your filter, and only shows 0-3 months, so when you filter the data from April to June with another slicer, it is equivalent to filtering in the data from 0-3 months that has been presented now, but the data does not contain the data from April to June so it returns null values. The best approach is to create another line chart that shows the data filtered by two filters and sets up the interaction so that it is not affected by slicers on both sides.

You can refer to the following link to know how to set interaction.

Change how visuals interact in a report - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.