Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How can I drill down from a chart to a table?

I have created a chart that shows the number of tickets opened by an individual for a period of time. I have created a hierarchy from the individual to include the ticket no., and used this hierarchy in my chart.

What I want to be able to do is drill down into my chart, and see a table listing the ticket numbers, and ideally the status of each ticket (status is a known field).

My chart looks like this;

Capture.PNG

The vertical axis is ticket count. When I drill down on a column I want to be able to list the tickets and their status in a table like ths;

12345 Open

13247 Closed

13299 Closed

Can you do this kind of drill down from one view to another?

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It looks like tjd has the best suggestion as clearly this is not possible (yet). I have voted for this change though, as it would make a real difference to the reports I can generate.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks david2. I am not sure if I did quite what you meant, but I right clicked on the chart and chose 'See Data' that shows me the data for that chart. Not what I wanted, but now I think that I am trying to do this the wrong way.

I think another way of expressing what I want is this;

When you drill down on a column, I want a new view(table) filtered by that column. The new table shows different data.

@Anonymous

Currenly, in Power BI Desktop, it's not supported to navigate to another visual or report via Drill Througth (like "go to report" Action in SSRS). Please vote ideas below:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/12863445-enable-user-to-navigate-from-one-power-bi-report-t

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/13715889-drill-to-a-report-page

Regards,

tjd
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Put a table below your graph that has the fields you want to show and categorize it by your x-axis.  When you then click on one of the columns in the graph, your table will filter to show only those records linked to that column.

david2
Helper I
Helper I

If you click on the Drill tab on the top, you should be able to see a button named "See Records".  This would show you an overview of the data you want to see. But i'm not sure if it's working with this type of visual - give it a shot 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors