Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

garluc93
Frequent Visitor

How can I do a chart in Power BI using a measure as label?

This is the sample pbix I have done .This is the output I would obtain  

im2.png

I would obtain the number of customers for each month with the label defined in the measure m-mark = IF([sumlast3months]=3;"Gold"; IF([sumlast3months]=2;"Silver"; IF([sumlast3months]=1;"Bronze"; IF([sumlast3months]=0;"NotBuyer";BLANK())))) In the original file I have a label "New" too but it's expensive to add an other table. Do you have an idea?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sturlaws
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @garluc93,

since you cannot have a measure as a legend, you need to create a small table with the values you need on the legend. And then create a measure like this:

m-mark2 = 
var _tmp = ADDCOLUMNS(VALUES(data2[Customer Number]);"SL3MO";[sumlast3months_v2])
var _mk = SELECTEDVALUE(Marks[Mark])
return
SWITCH(
    TRUE();
    _mk="Gold";COUNTROWS(FILTER(_tmp;[SL3MO] = 3));
    _mk="Silver";COUNTROWS(FILTER(_tmp;[SL3MO] = 2));
    _mk="Bronze";COUNTROWS(FILTER(_tmp;[SL3MO] = 1 ));
    _mk="notBuyer";COUNTROWS(FILTER(_tmp;[SL3MO] = 0 ));
    blank())

sample

Cheers,
Sturla

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution. Kudos are nice too.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
sturlaws
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @garluc93,

since you cannot have a measure as a legend, you need to create a small table with the values you need on the legend. And then create a measure like this:

m-mark2 = 
var _tmp = ADDCOLUMNS(VALUES(data2[Customer Number]);"SL3MO";[sumlast3months_v2])
return
SWITCH(
    TRUE();
    _mk="Gold";COUNTROWS(FILTER(_tmp;[SL3MO] = 3));
    _mk="Silver";COUNTROWS(FILTER(_tmp;[SL3MO] = 2));
    _mk="Bronze";COUNTROWS(FILTER(_tmp;[SL3MO] = 1 ));
    _mk="notBuyer";COUNTROWS(FILTER(_tmp;[SL3MO] = 0 ));
    blank())

sample

Cheers,
Sturla

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution. Kudos are nice too.

Hi @sturlaws , you're precious. Do you have an idea to see New clients as the customer numbers that buy for the first time in the month visualized? I have done a measure but I'm not sure what it does

m-New = 
VAR GROUPDATA= GROUPBY(Test;Test[Customer Number];Test[datalink];"FDT";MINX(CURRENTGROUP();Test[datalink]))
RETURN
SWITCH(
    TRUE();
    _mk="New";COUNTROWS(FILTER(GROUPDATA;[FDT]>=FIRSTDATE(TimeIntelligence[Date])));
    blank())

I have added a column revenue and this measure that looks function in your switch

NewCustomers = 
COUNTROWS(FILTER(ADDCOLUMNS(VALUES(Test[revenue]);"PreviousRevenue";CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(Test);FILTER(ALL(TimeIntelligence);TimeIntelligence[Date]<MIN(TimeIntelligence[Date]))));[PreviousRevenue]=0))

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.