Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Brainer13
Regular Visitor

How can I detect how many times a promissed date was changed?

Hello, I am very noob using Power Bi, but so far I've manage to create some simple reports.

I was in a meeting today and one of the managers asked me how many times a committed date was changed? I didn't have the answer at that moment,  but I believe that the data where I create my Power BI report has the answer. As you can see in the picture below for example, the item PDL-5VF (which is the produc) from the order number 13428254 did not change the schedule date (which is the committed date) from 18-Mar to 29-Mar (time this order was open). However, the item CJH6X88TGAW from the order 13439627 changed the schedule ship date two times, first it was 22-Mar and then 30-Mar. 

I would like to tell them how many times an order was changed or how many times an Item number was modified in order to create a Top list of Failures. Any suggestions?

Brainer13_1-1623481880796.png

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @Brainer13

Wouldn't just throwing the Item # in a table visual and then a simple measure:

Measure = DISTINCTCOUNT( Table1[ScheduledDate]) 

do the trick? You might have to include the Order # in the visual too if it is not uniquely determined by the Item #

SU18_powerbi_badge

Please accept the solution when done and consider giving a thumbs up if posts are helpful. 

Contact me privately for support with any larger-scale BI needs, tutoring, etc.

View solution in original post

Thank you so much AIB for your fast reply. It works😀
I have one more question if you don't mind. How can I see the distinctcount for the orders and items that are still open (pending to send). For example in the top list I got, the first line is already closed, so I want to focus only in the orders that are actually open. If I filter the print date today, the measure changes to 1, so I suppose there should be some way to unfilter the distinctcount.

Brainer13_0-1623514660390.png

Hello Just figure it out how to solve it. I add a calendar table and used the function, CALCULAT('DistinctCountp,ALL('Calendar')
Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
AlB
Super User
Super User

@Brainer13 

What exactly in your data defines an order as open? You can use that filter in a slicer. I need more details

SU18_powerbi_badge

Please accept the solution when done and consider giving a thumbs up if posts are helpful. 

AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @Brainer13

Wouldn't just throwing the Item # in a table visual and then a simple measure:

Measure = DISTINCTCOUNT( Table1[ScheduledDate]) 

do the trick? You might have to include the Order # in the visual too if it is not uniquely determined by the Item #

SU18_powerbi_badge

Thank you so much AIB for your fast reply. It works😀
I have one more question if you don't mind. How can I see the distinctcount for the orders and items that are still open (pending to send). For example in the top list I got, the first line is already closed, so I want to focus only in the orders that are actually open. If I filter the print date today, the measure changes to 1, so I suppose there should be some way to unfilter the distinctcount.

Brainer13_0-1623514660390.png

Hello Just figure it out how to solve it. I add a calendar table and used the function, CALCULAT('DistinctCountp,ALL('Calendar')
Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.