Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Powerbing1
Frequent Visitor

How can I create a interactive venn diagram

Hi

I am trying to create an interactive ven diagram the outline draft of how I would like it to look is below:

Powerbing1_0-1620752544285.png

Everything is perfect the only trouble I am having is the venn diagram itself. I have tried to use a pie charts example below to create the ven diagram so i was going to have 6 of these based on the slicers, and when the user selects the chart the table I would want it to filter out the list of products within that pie chart but it isnt working. When I select the pie chart the table isnt cross filtering. Please could you advise on what to do? 

Powerbing1_1-1620752624805.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Powerbing1,

If both common visuals and custom visuals not suitable for your requirement, you can also try to use script-based visuals (r, python) if you are familiar with these scripts.

Venn Diagram with R or RStudio: A Million Ways - Datanovia

How to Create and Customize Venn Diagrams in Python | by Julia Kho | Towards Data Science

Notice: script-based visuals can respond with other visuals' interactions but they cannot directly affect other visuals.
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @Powerbing1 ,

I think the Venn Diagram by MAQ could be an option for you:

Venn Diagram by MAQ Software (microsoft.com)

Here a video and description of the custom visual:

Power BI Custom Visuals - Venn Diagram by MAQ Software (pragmaticworks.com)

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

Hi Denis,

Thank you, however I already tried using this visual but it is not interactive. I would want the user to select each set and have the table filtered out. For example if I select 1 of the sets in the ven diagram which shows 5 i would want 5 of the products to show up in the table.

Are you able to help me with this?

THank you,

Hi @Powerbing1,

If both common visuals and custom visuals not suitable for your requirement, you can also try to use script-based visuals (r, python) if you are familiar with these scripts.

Venn Diagram with R or RStudio: A Million Ways - Datanovia

How to Create and Customize Venn Diagrams in Python | by Julia Kho | Towards Data Science

Notice: script-based visuals can respond with other visuals' interactions but they cannot directly affect other visuals.
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.