Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

How can I create a dax that will let me calculate specific rows of data for a multicard?

I'm using a excel file to house montly data. Each month has a differant total hours of capcity. In my report I'm using a Multi-Card to show the total hours within a month or within a quarter. Currently it's showing me a total of all the rows for all months. I need to be able show just the total of three rows of capacity data in the mulitcard when filtred down to a specific month or quarter.Highlighted rows.PNGPowerbi report page.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous 

Give these measure a try.  You would put these in your multi row card.

Working Hours Measure =
AVERAGEX (
    VALUES ( 'Enterprise Utilization'[Name] ),
    CALCULATE ( SUM ( 'Enterprise Utilization'[Working Hours (h)] ) )
)
Capacity Measure =
AVERAGEX (
    CALCULATE ( SUM ( 'Enterprise Utilization'[Capacity (h)] ) )
)

If this solves your issues please mark it as the solution. Kudos 👍 are nice too.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

If you select that user in the chart is the amount in the multi row card not filtered to just the numbers for that user?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jdbuchanan71 can you replace the screen shot or snip it with out the individuals names?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jdbuchanan71 the amont is filtered to just that user.

@Anonymous 

If you pick that user in your name slicer what amounts show in thr card?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jdbuchanan71, can you replace the screen shot or snip it with out the individuals names?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Slicer.PNG

@Anonymous 

Any chance you can share your .pbix (upload it to OneDrive or DropBox and share the link)?

Anonymous
Not applicable

let me check what my security protocol is there. 🙂

Done but also, your new screen shot does not show all blanks for that user.  What changed and is that the expected result?

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is the the accurate data for the user chosen. We'd like to see the Working Hours and Capacity show these values since they are the total for each user instead of it showing the total in second snap shot.This is the the accurate data for the user chosen. We'd like to see the Working Hours and Capacity show these values since they are the total for each user instead of it showing the total in second snap shot.Slicer.PNG

@Anonymous 

Give these measure a try.  You would put these in your multi row card.

Working Hours Measure =
AVERAGEX (
    CALCULATE ( SUM ( 'Enterprise Utilization'[Working Hours (h)] ) )
)
Capacity Measure =
AVERAGEX (
    CALCULATE ( SUM ( 'Enterprise Utilization'[Capacity (h)] ) )
)

If this solves your issues please mark it as the solution. Kudos 👍 are nice too.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.