Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

julienvdc
Helper III
Helper III

How can I connect multiple Google Analytics tables?

Hey there,

I have 3 Google Analytics tables:

- one for sessions by country and date

- one for events by country and date

- one for searched terms by country and date

I am trying to find a way to connect these three together. Perhaps with some common ID/Index? Is Session ID a thing? I couldn't find any information about it...

Basically I haven't "imported" all this data as one single table because then I'd miss data (for instance Sessions without events, or search...)... but now I am stuck because I want to be able to use my events info as a way to segment/filter the search table and the sessions table (ie. how many of the total sessions had least trigger Event A once on 25/11/2021)..

Any thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
julienvdc
Helper III
Helper III

Hey @lbendlin thanks for jumping in. The thing is that I can have multiple events of one kind within one session, so I needed to be able to have some sort of ID per session so I could group these events to the same session.

BUT I found a solution via this guide: https://www.simoahava.com/analytics/improve-data-collection-with-four-custom-dimensions/#3-session-i...

Basically, I created a new custom dimension (session ID) in GA and generated it using Google Tag Manager. The only issue is that this is in place for new sessions, but it is not retro-active.. but I don't mind it too much.

I am now linking each of the three tables via the session ID.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
julienvdc
Helper III
Helper III

Hey @lbendlin thanks for jumping in. The thing is that I can have multiple events of one kind within one session, so I needed to be able to have some sort of ID per session so I could group these events to the same session.

BUT I found a solution via this guide: https://www.simoahava.com/analytics/improve-data-collection-with-four-custom-dimensions/#3-session-i...

Basically, I created a new custom dimension (session ID) in GA and generated it using Google Tag Manager. The only issue is that this is in place for new sessions, but it is not retro-active.. but I don't mind it too much.

I am now linking each of the three tables via the session ID.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

It all depends on how you want to report against your data. For example if you want to see the result by Country and Date then you can use a geo and a calendar dimension table  to control your three fact tables.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.