Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

k_e
Frequent Visitor

How can I combine actual(around 6 lac rows) & plan data(3 lac rows) with 30 dimensions in common?

I need to represent in a single visual actual & plan data against a few common dimensions. The report also needs to have 3 dimension filters, out of which 2 belong to the planned data only. When I try to join the data from the query editor, I get the report ran out of memory error. NATURALLEFTJOIN DAX also didn't work for me. USERELATIONSHIP DAX too don't work for me, maybe because all my common dimension shows many to many relationships between actual & plan data tables. I read that in such cases we should create separate dimension tables & connect them to our fact tables, but creating 30 dimension tables isn't worth it. Please suggest me a solution for this. Thanks in advance.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
adambhappy
Resolver II
Resolver II

It's always easier if you post samples of the data or at least print screens of the data structures.

But just based on your question, why are you trying a join/merge instead of doing a append? 

View solution in original post

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@k_e 

In addition to Append Queries (Table.Combine) in Query Editor, you may also use UNION Function (DAX) to add a calculated table.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@k_e 

In addition to Append Queries (Table.Combine) in Query Editor, you may also use UNION Function (DAX) to add a calculated table.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
adambhappy
Resolver II
Resolver II

It's always easier if you post samples of the data or at least print screens of the data structures.

But just based on your question, why are you trying a join/merge instead of doing a append? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.