Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

DKhachaturyan
Helper I
Helper I

How can I change bars' sequance of the chart?

Hi

How can I change sequence of the bars? For example, the Total bar below is showing up as the first one, I want to make it as a last one, after Brown theme bar. This is how it is on my table (see below)

chart bars.PNGchart bars table.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
chotu27
Post Patron
Post Patron

@DKhachaturyan Go to query editor-> add conditional column-> and put conditions as below screen shots.

after keeping the conditions sort it by column 1 in visual then u will get as required

conditions in query editorconditions in query editorOutputOutput

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@DKhachaturyan,

In the Query Editor, add a index column.

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Hi @v-caliao-msft

So I followed you guidance it worked, but the chart looks deactivated. If I click on any bar it shows "no available action" warning. Does it have anything to do with "sorting by index"? Any way to make it live and ineractive again but keep the sorting by index? Thanks.

See the picture below.

no available action.PNG

Hi again @v-caliao-msft,

So I followed you guidance it worked, but the chart looks deactivated. If I click on any bar it shows "no available action" warning. Does it have anything to do with "sorting by index"? Any way to make it live and ineractive again but keep the sorting by index? Thanks.

See the picture below.

no available action.PNG

@v-caliao-msft, thanks so much! I followed your tips and it worked out!

chotu27
Post Patron
Post Patron

@DKhachaturyan Go to query editor-> add conditional column-> and put conditions as below screen shots.

after keeping the conditions sort it by column 1 in visual then u will get as required

conditions in query editorconditions in query editorOutputOutput

Hi @chotu27,

Thank you for your help. I did as you suggested but it does not give the outputs that you got. Please see below. What am I doing wrong?

new column.PNG

Capture new c.PNG

@DKhachaturyan Can you show me the screenshot of  conditions that you kept?

Sure. See below @chotu27

Capture 455.PNG

@DKhachaturyan i need your pbix file inorder to figure out what issue you have becuase it worked out for me.

@chotu27, thank you so much for trying to help with this.

It does not look like I can attach a file here. How can I share the file with you?

Hey, to share files upload your file to onedrive or dropbox and just share the link to that file

Regards

Tom 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

@TomMartens, thanks. But does it work with Power BI free version? Or is it only possible with Pro?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.