Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

plaplant
Helper I
Helper I

How can I add local image to matrix

Hello super users.  I'm still relatively new to PowerBi and am trying to get something to work.   

I have a dataset with a new column that adds up the values of 6 other columns and if the total is a 6 I'm currently just adding an 'x' and leaving the rest of the values as blank/null.   This basically indicates a High Performing team.   When I bring that field into my matrix visualization I'll see that x value for those high performing teams or I'll see nothing.  What I've been asked to do is to 'jazz' up the display and instead show an image in place of the simple x.  I was thinking of just downloading an image of a gold star to my local drive and then wanted to see if that could be used in place of the x.    I've seen some options of converting an image to base64 but wasn't sure where to put that newly generated image URL.   I tried putting that in place of the "x" in my formula  (= Table.AddColumn(#"Added Conditional Column3", "HP Status x", each if [HP Count] = 6 then "x" else null)) but PowerBi just hung up and I couldn't do anything.   Any thoughts on how to get this to work or better methods?  I'll have to publish this eventually and will need to be able to use the image then as well.   Any help or thoughts would be great. 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I went back in and played around with this some more.   I followed the video and had a new table created with my single local image.   I then changed the formula so that the result was no longer an 'x' but rather the name of the image I have in that new table.  I then joined the two tables together on that image name field and on the formula field.  I followed the rest of the video to add the Image URL that was generated to the table with the formula and then that was the field I brought into my matrix.   I was able to get it to work this way although the height of the matrix is a little off even at the minimum of 24.   This accomplished what I needed though.   Thanks for pointing me back to the video as I didn't use it the first time but made it work the 2nd time.  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Hi amitchandak, I did see that video previously.  Thank you for sending it.  I wasn't sure how to translate the final product to the matrix however.  I see where he joined the results with another table and then was able to bring that in but I'm not sure how to incorporate the newly generated information and use it in my formula instead of the 'x'

I went back in and played around with this some more.   I followed the video and had a new table created with my single local image.   I then changed the formula so that the result was no longer an 'x' but rather the name of the image I have in that new table.  I then joined the two tables together on that image name field and on the formula field.  I followed the rest of the video to add the Image URL that was generated to the table with the formula and then that was the field I brought into my matrix.   I was able to get it to work this way although the height of the matrix is a little off even at the minimum of 24.   This accomplished what I needed though.   Thanks for pointing me back to the video as I didn't use it the first time but made it work the 2nd time.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.