Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cageybee
Regular Visitor

How can I achieve this in Power BI?

Hi guys,

I am a Tableau developer and I am trying to learn Power BI. I need to buid an app in Powr BI that looks like this:

Capture.PNG

The app has to have a filter where I can either pick a single consultant or all of consultants. So, the circles would either show a team average or the values for a particular consultant.

A sample of data is below:

Capture 2.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @cageybee,

There is no same visual in Power BI. After research, I find a similar custom visual: Dot Plot by MAQ Software. Then you can create per visual for Ambition, Morale, Attrition, Performance and Contribution to Daughterty.  I post an example for creating a visual for Morale using your sample data. Select the data as X-axis, the average of Morale as value.

1.PNG

Then you create a slicer including consultants field, when you select one consultant in slicer, it will make an impact on the visual.

2.PNG
Best Regards,
Angelia

v-huizhn-msft,

Thank you for looking into this for me. However, this doesn't really look like what I need. I experimented with that viz package and it doesn't really do what I need it to do. First, I need to make the bubbles bigger than the max size of the bubbles that they have and then, I need to put a label inside of the bubble.

Also, I need to incorporate a logic that colors the bubble based on the criteria:

For Attrition only the following logic applies:

IF  (6 - ROUND(AVG([Attrition]), 1)) >= [Upper Bound] THEN

"Excellent"

ELSEIF (6 - ROUND(AVG([Attrition]), 1)) < [Upper Bound] AND (6 - ROUND(AVG([Attrition]), 1)) >= [Lower Bound] THEN

"Caution"

ELSEIF (6 - ROUND(AVG([Attrition]), 1)) < [Lower Bound] THEN

"Concern"

END

For all others, the following logic applies (Replace [Measure] with either [Ambition], [Morale], [Performance], [Contribution to Client], or [Contribution to Daugherty]):

IF  ROUND(AVG([Measure]), 1) >= [Upper Bound] THEN

"Excellent"

ELSEIF ROUND(AVG([Measure]), 1) < [Upper Bound] AND ROUND(AVG([Measure]), 1) >= [Lower Bound] THEN

"Caution"

ELSEIF ROUND(AVG([Measure]), 1) < [Lower Bound] THEN

"Concern"

END

Note: [Lower Bound] = 3; [Upper Bound] = 4.

Hi @cageybee,

Yes, got it. But Power BI features can't achieve your requirement until now. Thanks for understanding.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.