Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

How can I access the power bi of an Office 365 subscription in another data source of another tenant

Hello People!

My company acquired the license of power bi in this tenant of office 365, my doubt is how to access the data source of a virtual machine that is in another subscription in Azure?
Can you please help?
Leonardo Fogaça de Almeida

What do I need to do in my azure tenant where is my VM SQL database to configure the data gateway with a user who is in the other tenant licensed to power bi pro?

Best Regards,

Leonardo Fogaça de Almeida

3 REPLIES 3
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi Leonardo,

You can use your account to sign in then you can use that gateway. The gateway can work anywhere the internet can reach. Please give it a try.

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dale,

Thanks for you response

A doubt, I need associate an existing subscription Office 365 to my Azure AD Directory, where my azure vm's are?

Thanks,

Leonardo Almeida

Hi Leonardo,

If you just need to connect to the data source, you don't need to associate them. The data sources can be anywhere in theory unless they are stopped by something, such as the firewall, or no internet access. For example, I'd like to connect to the data source on your computer, what I need to do is logging in the Data Gateway with my account on your computer. Then I can use it unless you restrict the functions of the Gateway. I don't need the information about your Office 365 subscription. 

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.