cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
myti Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

How a summarized table that created by DAX formula in Data pan can be seen/imported in query editor

Dear Friends,

I have faced a problem in PBI.is there any soloution that a summarized table created by DAX formula bring in query editor.Seems that only the source tables can be seen in query editor?

Thank you,

Medi

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: How a summarized table that created by DAX formula in Data pan can be seen/imported in query ed

Correct. You would have to create a new query and do your summarize in the query editor instead.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Super User
Super User

Re: How a summarized table that created by DAX formula in Data pan can be seen/imported in query ed

Hi Medi,

You should download the DAX Studio. Connect Your PBI File with DAX Studio and Run your DAX Query againest the Model and set the output to the Text File. This File will have your Summerized table Data and You can ETL with this data into the PBI. 

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.
v-ljerr-msft Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@myti

Not like tables(queries) created in Query Editor can be shown and referenced in Data View of Power BI Desktop, the calculated tables created in Data View using DAX can only be used within Data View.

In this scenario, you may need to rebuild that table in Query Editor using M Query. Here is a similar thread for your reference.

Regards