Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

itsmebvk
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

How To sort Sort Summary in Hierarchy in Matrix?

Hi Folks,

I am creating a Matrix visualization using SAP Hana Calc View ( Direct Query Mode) which is in Hierarchy format.  When I add level one and level 2 to matrix,I am getting output as mentioned below.

L1A600
L2AA100
L2AB200
L2AC300
L1B300
L2BA50
L2BB100
L2BC150
L1C300
L2CA100
L2CB200

But is there any way i can move the rows subtotals to the end of each Level value. (Note: If I  use subtotal position option as bottom, sub total position is changing but the label of that Level value is not displaying). My requirement is I want to get the output as mentioned below.

L2AA100
L2AB200
L2AC300
L1A600
L2BA50
L2BB100
L2BC150
L1B300
L2CA100
L2CB200
L2C300

I am using Direct Query mode, can  you please share any inputs or work around which you have.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
itsmebvk
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@v-shex-msft @amitchandak  I am able to sort on individual level or dimension , but when we are working with hierarchy its not possible to sort it using the method you have suggested. However thanks for your inputs.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @itsmebvk,

I'd like to suggest you take a look at the following blog to create a custom sort table to apply custom sorting.

Custom Sorting in Power BI  
According to your description, it seems like you are works on 'direct query' mode which not able to create a calculated table, maybe you can configure this in datasource side.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
itsmebvk
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@v-shex-msft @amitchandak  I am able to sort on individual level or dimension , but when we are working with hierarchy its not possible to sort it using the method you have suggested. However thanks for your inputs.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

That seems like behavior. The subtotal move down, but not the label.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/desktop-matrix-visual

Screenshot 2020-02-22 08.19.54.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.