Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Blinding1
Regular Visitor

How To Identify Grand Total Column - Similar to Hasonevalue - But Also When Only One Category

Hi guys,

I read that to identify the grand total column we can use Hasonevalue on the category field, however, this doesnt work if my categories are filtered to only one category. Any idea how to achieve that please?

To explain with an example, say I have the follwoing data table:

NameHours WorkedWeek Ending
Scott4001-Jan-19
Ben4001-Jan-19
Gill4001-Jan-19
Scott008-Jan-19
Ben4008-Jan-19
Gill4008-Jan-19
Scott4015-Jan-19
Ben4015-Jan-19
Gill4015-Jan-19

If I pivot this into a table I put names on rows and weekending on columns, and hours on values.

I then add the "weekending" category as a slicer to allow me to only show certain weekendings. BUT I always want the grand total to show the grand total (of all dates). Hasonevalue(Week Ending) works when there are more than one "weekendings" selected on the slicer, but it doesnt work when there is only one.

To be clear, I always want to clear the dates filter in the grand total column but it doesnt work when only one weekdning is selected.

Thanks guys

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Blinding1 .

You may use ISINSCOPE instead.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Blinding1 .

You may use ISINSCOPE instead.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for that formula - it might well do the trick. At the moment my working is in Excel PowerPivot which doesnt support this ISINSCOPE function, but I will try it in powerbi and see if it works. 

Kind of weird why it is availble in power bi  but not Excel (yet)

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.