Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

metit
Regular Visitor

How To Disable "collaborate and share" pop up Screen On Startup

Hello,

We are installing PowerBI Desktop verson 2.88.702 in our Enterprise environment. We want to minimize the user experience so that they don't sign up for an account. On every opening of the software we get a sign in screen "collaborate and share" pop up.

I have tried setting the ShowLeadGenDialog to 0 as suggested on many other forums but that did not work.

Please advise.

10 REPLIES 10
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @metit 

Have you  get any response  from PowerBI Support Team ?
If you get any workaround, please kindly share it here for reference.

It will help other community members easily find the solution when they get the similar issue.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Hi @v-easonf-msft ,

It appears I cannot submit a support request to the support team unless I have a PowerBI pro suscription.

I am waiting for my organization to provide a pro license so I can submit it.

Once I have an answer I will definitely post it here.

Best,

Edgard

v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @metit 

For your current needs, you can open a support ticket with MSFT to seek technical support , usually they will have better suggestions.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/ 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,

Sounds good, will do! thanks for the info

metit
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-easonf-msft,

Thanks for the references, I have already tried the registry item "valueName: ShowLeadGenDialog" several times but it did not work.

The second link proposes a similar registry modification which I have also tried but did not work.

The last link is for the windows store version again, and this does not apply to my version of PowerBI desktop

I already tried any solution that can be found with a google search. I was wondering by posting on this forum to get any additional insight that I may have missed.

Best,

Edgard

v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @metit 

I  found this article on the official document,you can check if it is helpful to you

Administrators: Manage the Power BI Desktop sign-in form

You   can also  refer to these related threads.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Disable-quot-Welcome-to-Power-BI-Desktop-quot-Nag-Screen/td...

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-disable-the-Power-BI-welcome-window/td-p/1544906

Best Regards,

metit
Regular Visitor

Hello @amitchandak 

Thanks so much for looking into this. The version of PowerBI we are using is different from the one you are showing. You are showing the version from the Microsoft Store. We are using PowerBI desktop from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=58494

Here's the screenshot from the window I am referring to:

Capture.PNG

We need to be able to disable this screen for all users of the machine without user interaction, so with a GPO or registry key change or something else you would recommend?

Best,

Edgard Hernandez R.

Hi @metit ,

Did you get any workaround, please kindly share it here?

Thanks,

Anique

Hi Anique,

No, we weren't able to apply it using a GPO. So users just need to close it every time they log in.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@metit , not clear. If you are talking about this screen, then you have and option in the screen to disable it

Screenshot 2020-12-19 09.12.47.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.